Wednesday, June 2, 2010



Does Money buy big bucks?
Okay the question has came up time and time again..."Does money buy big deer?" My answer is yes, in many cases money does buy big deer. However I believe it boils down to hard work buys big bucks! Money does help lease really good places or buy really good places...but again, hard work to get that money. I know several people who do not have a lot of money but have resources to get to hunt some prime ground. But year after year they get labeled of buying their deer. Yet even to take it further, I know people that have taken a week off and went out of state to go door to door trying to help farmers so they might get permission to hunt and been very successful getting rights to some prime ground.
I do not think people have to apologize because they have good ground to hunt. I have seen on several occasions hunters acquire some awesome hunting ground and not kill any big deer. I have seen them destroy hunting meccas because they have hunted them entirely wrong. Its not a magic potion you drink or even a shortcut to take to kill big bucks consistently...Its just hard work and hunting the right way. Being careful, playing the wind on every sit and yes occasionally getting lucky and having a deer of a lifetime walk in front of you.
In closing...I know this is a touchy subject and I want to close with this...In my opinion us hunters should be on the same team. We should be the first to congratulate fellow hunters when they bring a stud to the check in station. We should defend those who get accused immediately of poaching instead of starting the roomers. Lets face it, we have enough people against us...and we need to stand united as a group and be happy that another monster hit the ground.
Until next time, I am Jeff Danker and Remember as We always say, "Shoot By Sight*Walk By Faith"

2 Comments :

Blogger Unknown said...

Jeff, you said alot there when you said we all have to stick together we have enough people against hunting. As with any team if we stick together we become strong. "SHOOT BY SIGHT WALK BY FAITH" hope all is going well with you. Been seeing some monster bucks already.

June 22, 2010 at 9:23 PM  
Blogger bbuck said...

Jeff, I agree one-hundred percent, money can buy big bucks, yet, time we hunters put in can buy alot bigger bucks. Personally for me, anybody wiht the money can buy a 160" buck in Illinois or Kansas through Eagle Lake outfitters or Hadley Creek, but I guarantee that 150 you take on your home turf means alot more and is alot more rewarding when you watch a mature buck grow from 2.5 to 4.5, happy hunting, Godspeed

July 4, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home