Thursday, July 15, 2010

God At Work

As I thought about what to write in this weeks blog. . .the only thing I could think of was GOD! Over the last year I have seen Him at work; not only in my life, but in my friends', brother's, wife's, etc. . .I am so blessed! It's not because I get to hunt for a living. It's because of life in general!
We live in a fallen world and sure, I can look around to see bad in every direction, but when I focus on God. . OH! I can look and see AWESOME things happening! My wife recently took our girls to church camp where she was in charge of a dorm full of young girls. Read below what she learned. . .

(by Traci) I learned through God all things are possible. We had 11-16 girls, and I felt like I had some quality time with each of them. I discovered God lives through girls in such colorful ways! He uses girls like paint brushes to paint beauty all around us. The brush strokes are very different and unique, but in the hand of God EVERY ONE of them have incredible beauty!!

I learned that there is a sweetness that comes from being accepted by these wonderful girls, and to gain that acceptance you need only to love them. Sincerely show them interest, and then you can teach them the beauty of having Christ rule your life.

I learned that they have nurturing little hearts that become ferocious when one they care for is under attack or neglected.

I learned that their hearts can be broken with harch words or a selfish spirit, but can be mended with prayer and love.

I learned that watching the eyes of a child that has accepted Jesus makes me cry tears of incredible joy; a pureness that can only be given by Christ.

I learned that hard work won't kill me, but actually gave me joy when my service was directed by God.

I learned that a good bunch of older girls that take in my sweet little shy girl can cause her to bloom into a confident basketball player!

I learned that my youngest daughter can get herself back to the dorm in the dark by herself!

I learned the quiet wisdom of a sister in Christ is great encouragement, and was a rock that steadied me when things got hectic.

I learned you DON'T SLEEP AT CAMP!!!

I learned the chattering sound of excited girls is music if your ears are listening right.

I also learned that there are A LOT of good people that do A LOT of preparation, praying, and hard work so 200 or so kids can have a chance to know Christ Jesus!

I left humble, joyful, changed, loved, and praising a God tha is more beautiful than I have words to express!!

Ultimately, I learned that Jesus saves, and God is good!

Thank you kids, parents, church, and God for letting me be a part of this last week!

Traci Danker

. . . . I reflect on these words my wife expressed, and just thank God that he opens my eyes to the good things in a world where it is so easy to dwell on the bad. I hope you found this as inspirational as I did. Although, this is my "hunting" blog, it just didn't feel right to blog about something hunting related. God needed this to go out this week for those of you reading. I pray that God blesses you with the clarity to see the good, and as I always say. . .Shoot by Sight - Walk by Faith!

Jeff

0 Comments :

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home